Poinsettia Flower Picture : Bach Flowers Rescue : Fresh Market Flowers.
Poinsettia Flower Picture
- A small Mexican shrub with large showy scarlet bracts surrounding the small yellow flowers, popular as a houseplant at Christmas
- Euphorbia pulcherrima, commonly known as poinsettia, is a species of flowering plant indigenous to Mexico and Central America. The name "poinsettia" is after Joel Roberts Poinsett, the first United States Minister to Mexico, who introduced the plant into the US in 1828.
- A poinsettia cocktail is a mixture of dry sparkling white wine, vodka (or Cointreau or Triple Sec), and cranberry juice.
- tropical American plant having poisonous milk and showy tapering usually scarlet petallike leaves surrounding small yellow flowers
- Represent (someone or something) in a photograph or picture
- a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface; "they showed us the pictures of their wedding"; "a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them"
- painting: graphic art consisting of an artistic composition made by applying paints to a surface; "a small painting by Picasso"; "he bought the painting as an investment"; "his pictures hang in the Louvre"
- Form a mental image of
- Describe (someone or something) in a certain way
- visualize: imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind; "I can't see him on horseback!"; "I can see what will happen"; "I can see a risk in this strategy"
- (of a plant) Produce flowers; bloom
- Be in or reach an optimum stage of development; develop fully and richly
- bloom: produce or yield flowers; "The cherry tree bloomed"
- reproductive organ of angiosperm plants especially one having showy or colorful parts
- a plant cultivated for its blooms or blossoms
- Induce (a plant) to produce flowers
Wallmonkeys Peel and Stick Wall Decals - Poinsettia Flower - 36"W x 24"H Removable Graphic
WallMonkeys wall graphics are printed on the highest quality re-positionable, self-adhesive fabric paper. Each order is printed in-house and on-demand. WallMonkeys uses premium materials & state-of-the-art production technologies. Our white fabric material is superior to vinyl decals. You can literally see and feel the difference. Our wall graphics apply in minutes and won't damage your paint or leave any mess. PLEASE double check the size of the image you are ordering prior to clicking the 'ADD TO CART' button. Our graphics are offered in a variety of sizes and prices.
WallMonkeys are intended for indoor use only.
Printed on-demand in the United States Your order will ship within 3 business days, often sooner. Some orders require the full 3 days to allow dark colors and inks to fully dry prior to shipping. Quality is worth waiting an extra day for!
Removable and will not leave a mark on your walls.
'Fotolia' trademark will be removed when printed.
Our catalog of over 10 million images is perfect for virtually any use: school projects, trade shows, teachers classrooms, colleges, nurseries, college dorms, event planners, and corporations of all size.
I captured these very pretty spotted Poinsettias for sale at the Briggs Nursery in North Attleboro Ma.
295 Kelley Boulevard
North Attleboro, MA 027
Euphorbia pulcherrima, commonly known as poinsettia or noche buena, is a species of flowering plant indigenous to Mexico and Central America. The name "poinsettia" is after Joel Roberts Poinsett, the first United States Minister to Mexico, who introduced the plant into the US in 1825. It is also called the Ataturk flower in Turkey.
Euphorbia pulcherrima is a shrub or small tree, typically reaching a height of 0.6 to 4 m (2 to 16 ft). The plant bears dark green dentate leaves that measure 7 to 16 cm (3 to 6 inches) in length. The colored bracts—which are most often flaming red but can be orange, pale green, cream, pink, white or marbled—are actually leaves. The colors come from photoperiodism, meaning that they require darkness for 12 hours at a time to change color. At the same time, the plants need a lot of light during the day for the brightest color.
Because of their groupings and colors, laymen often think the bracts are the flower petals of the plant. In fact, the flowers are grouped within the small yellow structures found in the center of each leaf bunch, and they are called cyathia.
The species is native to Mexico. It is found in the wild in deciduous tropical forest at moderate elevations from southern Sinaloa down the entire Pacific coast of Mexico to Chiapas and Guatemala. It is also found in the interior in the hot, seasonally dry forests of Guerrero, Oaxaca, and Chiapas. Reports of E. pulcherrima growing in the wild in Nicaragua and Costa Rica have yet to be confirmed by botanists.
There are over 100 cultivated varieties of poinsettia available.
Just did a fun effect on the original picture. (It was actually a deep red.)
See also: frozen flower trailer flower shop on line make edible fruit bouquet artificial flowers for send flowers to saudi arabia hydrangea and lily bouquets spring flower types
- (火) 12:52:53|
- Category: None
Comment is pending blog author's approval.
- 2016/01/11(月) 22:30:41 |
- [ Edit ]
Comment is pending blog author's approval.
- 2016/01/12(火) 08:19:29 |
- [ Edit ]